DON'T TAKE THE RISK THIS SEASON
Influenza can be a very serious disease. Vaccination against the flu remains important this year. Flu is a highly contagious viral infection that can cause widespread illness and deaths every year. Vaccination is our best defence against flu viruses.
To protect yourself and others from the flu, you should get vaccinated every year.
We have received our Government Funded Flu vaccines at our Medical Centre.
The following individuals in WA are eligible to receive government funded vaccine:
· persons 65 years or older
· children 6 months to less than 5 years
· primary school-aged children (from 5 years to students in year 6))
· pregnant women (any trimester)
· Aboriginal people 6 months and older
· individuals 6 months and older with medical conditions that place them
at risk for complications of influenza, including:
o cardiac disease
o chronic respiratory conditions
o chronic neurological conditions
o impaired immunity
o diabetes and other metabolic disorders
o renal disease
o haematological disorders
o children aged 6 months to 10 years receiving long-term aspirin therapy.
Please contact the practice to arrange an appointment.